Thrombosed vulval varicose veins

(3 Posts)
Novia Tue 06-Oct-15 15:49:56

There doesn't seem to be much useful information anywhere on this!

I had a baby by c-section last week and thought my bits had at least avoided getting battered. However, my labia had been feeling sore, and having checked yesterday they were full of long, hard, painful lumps. Visit to the doctor says thrombosed varicose veins (which seems very unfair given that I'm also dealing with my c-section scar). Also seems weird considering they occurred AFTER the birth.

They are very, very sore and it's difficult to sit or stand for long periods. Doctor says they'll clear up on their own (eventually) but I want to know if anyone has an advice for relief or speeding up them going (which just doesn't seem likely to me). There is virtually nothing online.

Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Footle Tue 06-Oct-15 23:55:48

Long ago I had a couple of varicose veins in my vulva when pregnant with my fourth child. I don't know how similar this is. I was told to wear two soft sanitary towels inside close fitting knickers, one on top of the other, the one pressed against my vulva dampened with witch hazel ( astringent and anti inflammatory ). It was a palaver but it did help. The pads supported me where I needed it. Anyway, I feel your pain.

Mabe1991 Thu 15-Oct-20 14:01:22

@Novia hey! You may not see this but I am wondering if yours cleared up? I have them in a large vein in my thigh. 5 lumps and rock solid vein. 40 weeks pregnant and so worried that it could turn into DVT.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in