Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

fontanelles - some advice/experience please

(2 Posts)
clary Thu 13-May-04 11:02:42

This may seem an odd question but can anyone remember at what age their babies' fontanelles (soft spot on head) closed up? Or has your baby still got one and how old is he/she? I'm asking because DS2 had a large fontanelle and at 13 mo it's still clearly open. It's not a big concern but he is a maniac toddler and I worry now and then that he will head-butt a sharp object or something. DD I recall had a very small one and it was gone within a few weeks. I know I could go to the doc's but I thought i'd canvas a bit of MN opinion first to see if i'm being silly to be concerned.

mears Thu 13-May-04 11:39:38

6 weeks for one at back of head (posterior fontanelle

18 months for one on top of head (anterior fontanelle)

He is normal Clary

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: