Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can you have a urine infection without pain? poss TMI

(7 Posts)
whojamaflip Tue 06-Oct-15 09:57:18

But embarrassing but I'm wondering if I have a wee infection.

Been running to the loo more than usual, no pain and no feeling of not emptying my bladder fully. But added to that I seem to have lost all control of my pelvic floor! Leaking when coughing or sneezing and then last night when I was in bed with dh, I wet myself at the point of climax resulting in needing to change the sheets blush NEVER happened before and I certainly don't want it to happen again blush wasn't even aware my bladder was full iyswim blush dh found it hilarious thank god but I was absolutely mortified.

Feeling fine in myself - bit of a cold but nothing else. I have had 4 kids but the youngest is 6 and everything has been fine up to now.

So could this be an infection or have I suddenly developed an uncontrollable weak bladder?

FattyNinjaOwl Tue 06-Oct-15 09:59:47

When I was pregnant with DD I had numerous infections without any symptoms so it is definitely worth getting checked out.

whojamaflip Tue 06-Oct-15 10:01:46

No chance of being pg unless the snip that dh had 4 years ago has miraculously rejoined!

FanFuckingTastic Tue 06-Oct-15 10:09:34

Yep. Although this could also point to stress incontinence, climax makes muscles contract and if you have a bladder weakness it's pretty normal for wee to come out. I have both.

I look for mild symptoms like colour change, smell, clarity of the urine (in plastic cups bought for this purpose). Often the pain and and other more obvious symptoms come on after I have already determined I have an infection. I keep sticks at home to test, but even without I deal with it the same - up my intake of water, shower before and after sex, empty my bladder before and after sex, and monitor the urine.

If it persists or worsens, I go straight to the doctor with a sample. If my sticks show an infection without other symptoms, I go to the doctor with a sample also.

But if it's not an infection and you notice bladder control worsening, see the doctor too. I have prolapses that aren't terrible, but enough to give me bladder troubles and need fixing.

FattyNinjaOwl Tue 06-Oct-15 10:12:45

What I meant was, I wouldn't have had any idea about the infections had I not been pregnant. It was simply because it showed up on the tests they do at routine checks that I found the infections.

whojamaflip Tue 06-Oct-15 10:28:30

Sorry misunderstood re the pg.

This has only been happening for the last 10 days or so - tbh I have been rather smugly proud of the fact that I didn't have any bladder probs after my pgs and am usually quite happy to bounce on the trampoline etc without any leaking.

Colour and smell seem normal - will try weeing in a plastic cup to see if there is any cloudiness.

I've had infections before (rarely) and I can still remember the pain!

Guess I'll give it a couple of days then get myself to the docs if it doesn't improve or take out share--s --in Tenalady

Lozislovely Tue 06-Oct-15 16:20:37

I had the joys of an infection last week!

No pain but lots of loo trips and my bladder feeling like I hadn't emptied, and my insides felt like were pushing themselves out too. That and smelly wee made me go to docs who confirmed an infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now