Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel crap for feeling crap

(4 Posts)
iklboo Mon 05-Oct-15 16:59:48

I have (they think) Vestibular Neuronitis, a kind of extreme vertigo. I was off work 9 weeks in Jan, had a diagnosis & discharged back to GP but have relapsed twice. I have now been off another four weeks & have been re-referred to ENT for further tests. Awaiting an appointment.

I'm supposed to be going back to work on Thursday when sick note runs out but yesterday I started feeling really ill again. Slept most of today.

I'm fed up of feeling ill. I'm terrified I'll lose my job (although I'm being dealt with under 'long term conditions' policy) and I can tell my line manager is getting fed up despite what she says about making sure I'm well before I return to work. DH must be pissed off by now as well.

I don't know what to do anymore. Can't afford private for earlier appointments. Feel like I have to go into work or I'm letting everyone down on one hand, feel like crawling under the covers & crying on the other.

gandalf456 Tue 06-Oct-15 11:10:41

Could you get another sick note?

Alternatively, could you talk to work and see if they can reduce your workload temporarily or allow you to work from home?? I've had something similar and I sympathise. It IS horrible. I did get medication for it and it did help a bit.

Orangeanddemons Tue 06-Oct-15 11:12:05

Try Cawthorne Cooksey exercises. I had hideous labyrinthitis for months and they really sorted it

iklboo Tue 06-Oct-15 14:30:18

I've got the exercises, but they're doing bugger all unfortunately. I could get another sick note, but I really hate being off sick. And I don't look ill, which makes it look like I'm taking the piss.

I'll be having a return to work meeting on Thursday when I go back so I'll have a chat about maybe a phased return or reduced hours for a bit. Finally got a referral for the end of November.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now