Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coccyx injury, 7 months on and still in pain!

(4 Posts)
cojmum Thu 01-Oct-15 20:10:14

Hi ladies,
Just not really sure if the pain I am experiencing is normal or not. On 5th March I slipped on the stairs and landed flat on my bum a few steps down. It didn't really hurt at the time but the next day I couldn't move. I went to the dr's and they gave me ibuprofen and said it may take a while to heal.
In July I went to the dr's with another matter and briefly mentioned that I was still in pain and asked if it was normal, again they said its perfectly normal.
I have been coping with the pain with ibuprofen and trying not to sit down too much. After a couple of minutes I have to stand. Now we are in October and I am in lots of pain today and I am starting to wonder if it is time to go back to the dr's but don't know if the time frame is normal for a coccyx injury?
Any info appreciated.

AJH12 Fri 02-Oct-15 08:25:59

Most doctors have no idea about coccyx injuries - I would really recommend finding a good chiropractor near you - lots of recommendations on coccyx.org

KeepPloddingOn Fri 02-Oct-15 08:37:01

Mine was a good 12m of having to adjust the things I do - mainly avoiding long car journeys where you are forced to sit.

It should definitely be better than it was the first few days and weeks. I only took painkillers for a couple of weeks. But imo will still be very uncomfortable to sit for long periods.

Oh and mine still flares up intermittently too. I first did exactly as you describe when I was at uni , 15yrs and go, although I did repeat the painful experience about 4yrs ago. It was worse the second time.

cojmum Fri 02-Oct-15 09:19:59

Ouch!
It doesn't feel too bad today but I could barely move yesterday. I've just started a new degree and I can't concentrate because I can't sit down for very long. It is driving me insane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now