Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any IBS sufferers?

(9 Posts)
Indecisivejo Wed 30-Sep-15 14:59:58

Has anything helped you?
I'm suffering at mo with bad trapped wind pains and feeling full and bloated plus my bowel movements are all over the place sad

Maiziemonkey Wed 30-Sep-15 22:47:49

Avoiding wheat, white rice and potato, limiting any carbs has helped me a bit- but not much ather advice to add as i am nowhere near on top of it. I take peppermint capsules but i'm not sure if they help or not. Doing more gentle exercise like yoga deffo does help though smile

Achooblessyou Wed 30-Sep-15 22:52:03

I stopped drinking coffee, Coke and alcohol which worked for me. I gradually reintroduced when ibs had gone and seem OK now

marriednotdead Wed 30-Sep-15 22:59:26

The ditching of lactose, wheat and yeast helped me a lot. A low FODMAP diet also made a big improvement and helped work out 'safe' foods.

iamaboveandBeyond Thu 01-Oct-15 10:28:10

BIWIs bootcamp has all but cured mine smile

Neddyteddy Thu 01-Oct-15 20:21:59

Giving up gluten worked for me

MyrtleMoans Thu 01-Oct-15 20:24:59

Avoiding bread & tomatoes and a daily probiotic smile

canyou Thu 01-Oct-15 20:28:59

I take alforex it is expensive but was almost pain free whilst on it. Am off it at the moment as having more tests and my stomach feels like it is suffering from muscle spasms and the the other side affects are fairly yuck

ImNoVanGough Thu 01-Oct-15 21:00:49

Mine is nowhere near properly controlled but peppermint tea really helps with trapped wind and general discomfort. I've pretty much switched all my cups of coffee for the tea now.
I also avoid, tomato, garlic, milky/creamy things, beans and anything too spicy (basically everything I like) alcohol is also a killer for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now