Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No Sensation during intercourse and now pain too - help and advice please!

(8 Posts)
TooLateAlready Fri 25-Sep-15 08:46:03

Hi I have name changed for this as I am so ashamed that I have left this problem for so long. (and I am fairly identifiable in RL from other posts).

I have two dc but since the youngest (10) I have not been able to feel anything during penetration. Nothing. I occasionally get a dull kind of feeling that it is inside me, but nothing else. I have tried with a vibrator (switched off) but again nothing. Obviously we had sex before the kids came and it was all as normal then.

I fancy DP and we have sex but obviously penetration is not that pleasurable for me. I am very ashamed that I have left it this long.

But to top it all, when I get aroused I now get a very sharp pain somewhere internal (I think vaginal). It is so painful I have to stop. Really - it is that bad I cry out.

I have mentioned it to the GP but as part of something else. She ordered blood tests for the other stuff and when they came back OK, the whole thing got dropped. I could go back but I dont know if I am wasting GP time.

Has anyone experienced either the loss of sensation or the pain? Any advice or tips at all. Please.

I am early 40s if that is relevant.
I am about to go to work if I run off but I will be back later.

OddSocksHighHeels Fri 25-Sep-15 09:37:30

Please go back to your GP. Pain is a sign that something is wrong.

I haven't experienced it myself but never feel like you're wasting time or need to be ashamed when it's something that impacts negatively on you.

Good luck.

AuntieStella Fri 25-Sep-15 09:48:39

Yes, do go back to your GP. The cause of the pain needs to be properly investigated.

And you might like to enquire about whether a referral for specialist physiotherapy might help with the general loss of sensation.

ChoclolateOrange Fri 25-Sep-15 09:52:26

This happened to friend of mine and it turned out that she had a prolapse and didnt realise. Like the others, do go to your GP asap. Good luck.

TooLateAlready Fri 25-Sep-15 11:59:41

Thank you. chocolateorange do you mean the pain or no feeling? My mum had a prolapse but considerably more kids! I expect the pain could be lots of things but odd it only happens at that time.

Anyway you have convinced me it is GP worthy. I'll go back. Thanks

OddSocksHighHeels Fri 25-Sep-15 12:17:55

I have a friend who had a prolapse with only two DC so it definitely can happen. Glad you're going to see the doctor and I hope that you get it sorted soon.

ChoclolateOrange Sat 26-Sep-15 19:14:26

OP, my friend's symptoms were exactly as you described - complete numbness most of the time then a sudden excruciating pain during intercourse. You definitely won't be wasting your GP's time! Hope you can get an appointment soon.

TooLateAlready Sat 26-Sep-15 22:45:14

Thanks - that's handy to know - I would be so happy if it could be fixed! I am going to call the surgery on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now