Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am so fed up of these symptoms!!! Please tell me i'm not the only one?

(6 Posts)
Lydandlogan Sun 20-Sep-15 18:24:03

Okay so i need some reassurance because i feel like i'm going bad. I came off the Depo beginning of this year, but after reading about it taking ages to get our your system. So knowing that we wanted another next year sometime i got put on Cerazette around March time. The reason they put me on the mini pill was because i've tried so many others and they made me feel rough, this one has been fine. So i went on it for 3 months, when it ran out i went back to docs to get some more and she ended up perscribing Desogestral because as she said 'it's cheaper but exactly the same as Cerazette.' After a recent weigh in i realized i'd put on a whole stone since being on it which just depressed me and it was giving me bad abdominal pain with bleeding. I ended up in A&E with it. So i was like screw this i'm coming off it cause we want to start trying in the next few months anyway. My little one is 20 months. So next year we want to expand. So i thought i'll just come off it and use condoms. It's been 6 weeks since i stopped and still no period. We have had unprotected sex several times over the course of that time. I've had the worst symptoms. I have had bad period pain every single day mostly in the morning and evening since about a week after stopping the pill. Sore boobs, bad skin (my acne is back), lethargic and most recently feeling sick which i never get. I keep thinking i'm going to start as the pain can get quite intense. But nothing!!! I feel rubbish, it's made me think I'm pregnant as the symptoms are the same but i have done a preg test every weekend since the symptoms started and they are negative. No 2nd faint line, defo a negative! And because of this I've been left really upset and emotional because i'm not pregnant. If i was it would be worth it as i'd know i'm growing a baby but all this for a period? I mean my periods did make me feel really rough, and lasted a week. But i only felt ill for max 5 days, 2 days before and 3 days on. Please tell me i'm not the only one whose been through this and i'm not going mad? I feel sooooooooooooo fed up with it all. A few days to a week yeah but 5 weeks of it every day i am so sick of it all. I just want to start and get it over with.

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 20-Sep-15 23:12:29

How old are you OP? If you don't mind me asking.

Lydandlogan Sun 20-Sep-15 23:33:34

TheHouseOnTheLane Sun 20-Sep-15 23:51:42

All those chemicals really mess with people OP. I was the same age as you when I stopped taking them and it does take a while to get into a balanced cycle again.

At least 2 months by memory....if it carries on for more than another 2 weeks, go to the doc....but don't go back on that shite. It really angers me that it's seen as normal for women to fill themselves with chemicals....time a male pill was invented or something less damaging all round!

Lydandlogan Mon 21-Sep-15 12:17:32

Yeah i defo dont want to take it ever again esp since this has happened. I feel dreadful because of it. Well hopefully in the next 2 weeks i'll of started and i can get back to normal cycles soon. I hate this waiting around. Just want to get it over with. There is talk of a male contraceptive, don't know when it's being released. It's about time though. Thanks for replying. Did you have similar symptoms?

TheHouseOnTheLane Mon 21-Sep-15 12:52:59

Yes....terrible! My periods were buggered for a while...I think condoms are better....if you're nervous about getting caught out, add spermicide...or consider getting a contraceptive cap and using that with condoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now