Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling very hungry then shakey and headache after I've eaten.

(6 Posts)
Jackie0 Fri 18-Sep-15 17:54:21

I've an appointment with my GP in a couple of weeks but it occurred to me some wise mners might shed some light.
As the title suggests I get really hungry, hunger to the point of feeling nauseous.
I have my food, no junk all good healthy balanced meals and immediately after eating my head aches and I'm sweaty and shakey. This is the pattern every lunch and dinner time , every day , for months.
I used to think it was a hangover from wine the evening before but I've knocked that on the head now so its not that.
I'm in my forties, a bit overweight and I work long hours in a relatively stressful environment.
Ring any bells anyone ?

JontyDoggle37 Fri 18-Sep-15 19:21:02

Blood sugar spikes? Have you been tested recently for diabetes at all?

Jackie0 Fri 18-Sep-15 19:34:46

My dh suggested diabetes too but when googled it weight loss was a symptom so I put it out of my head.
Of course I shouldn't put great store in Dr Google .I thought that if it were something as serious as diabetes I'd feel significantly more poorly.
I'm convinced blood sugar must have something to do with it though.

gingeroots Fri 18-Sep-15 20:25:48

Reactive hypoglycemia ?

If you have reactive hypoglycemia you’re going to notice a host of strange and alarming symptoms an hour or two after eating a meal. Shakes, sweats, nausea, mood swings, blurred vision, confusion and lethargy are all common symptoms for the condition. In severe cases, you may faint or even have seizures (which can be a medical emergency).

gingeroots Fri 18-Sep-15 20:32:07

www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthyeating/reactive-hypoglycemia.html

Jackie0 Sat 19-Sep-15 10:13:34

Thank you ginger, I'll check that out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now