Talk

Advanced search

Crashing fatigue and low barometric pressure

(8 Posts)
gandalf456 Fri 18-Sep-15 11:24:51

I know this is a weird 1 but everytime storm clouds go in the sky, I get this crashing fatigue and i just have to lie down there and then. If I try to push myself, I get palpitations. Sometimes I get them anyway . When the air pressure rises again, I feel a bit woozy but it passes l. I've had all manner of tests: Thyroid, Diabetes, iron vitamins but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong.

amarmai Fri 18-Sep-15 23:09:05

sounds like what i get from low barometric pressure, but also get migraines. There are a variety of ways migraines can manifest themselves . Maybe check websites .

gandalf456 Fri 18-Sep-15 23:12:47

It's funny. I used to get migraines but they went when I had my children. I still get bad headaches but they are managable. I don't get headaches with this but used to get terrible ones pre children with storms so interesting point. Can you get migraines without headaches?

lorelei9 Fri 18-Sep-15 23:47:35

I get fatigue and headaches from atmospheric pressure but I don't think Ivan link it to storms clouds specifically.

If working at home, I've been known to lie down. Couple of times I've wanted to ask work if I could go home but feel it would be frowned upon.

amarmai Sat 19-Sep-15 00:10:14

yes you can get migraines without headaches e.g .stomach aches and nausea are symptoms that some people experience . I think there are different kinds of migraines. Currently i have been given a list of vit and mineral supplements and dietary restrictions for dealing with mine.

gandalf456 Sat 19-Sep-15 10:13:37

Which vitamins are you taking, amarmai? I have got an iron supplement enriched with B vitamins though it doesn't seem to make much of a difference

amarmai Sat 19-Sep-15 11:01:55

My doctor gave me this list this summer;
drink lots of water
magnesium citrate 250 mg twice daily
vit B2 100 mg twice daily
vitD1000IU once daily
protein10-15 mg within 1 hr of waking
avoid artificial sweeteners
no caffeine
always wake up within same hour every day
eat regular meals
I'm following it fairly well except i have a cup of coffee most days and it has lessened the headaches and tiredness. The mag citrate was behind the pharmacist's counter.Wonder about the B2 if it should be B12 so take a multi B as well. I think the magnesium is important and the vit D And definitely think my new breakfast with protein is a good idea.I had a horrendous summer with all sorts of migraine symptoms , heart beat irregularities and dizziness .I had umpteen blood tests, which showed nothing. But i think it's a good idea to have that done in case.No point in suffering if you can improve your health.

gandalf456 Sat 19-Sep-15 11:16:43

Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: