Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Brain Injury TBI / ABI effects - anyone affecte by this?

(3 Posts)
mysteryoflife Tue 08-Sep-15 23:09:19

Hi all.

I was just wondering if any Mumsnetters have had experiences with TBI / ABI and the after affects?

I went through my ex partner expereriencing a severe blow to the head. He was relatively fine for a few months then he onset with depression / anxiety and personality changes / memory issues and it's been a long hard road through it all.

Would love to hear from / talk to any other users who have experience of this - personally or otherwise.

ParsingFancy Tue 08-Sep-15 23:20:52

Hi mystery, sorry to hear about your XP.

There was a thread quite a while back when James Cracknell came for a webchat, which you might find interesting: Brain injury.

And here's the webchat itself, in case that's any use: Webchat with James Cracknell and Beverley Turner about life after brain injury

mysteryoflife Tue 08-Sep-15 23:32:48

Thanks so much Parsing, I will give that a good read.

The people on Mumsnet have given me some great support and helped him get disagnosed but I was also wondering if anyone out there had shared some of my experiences.

It's such a difficult and lonely and confusing experience. i can see from the thread there is more than one of us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now