Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Has anyone had any success treating rosacea with erythromycin?

(6 Posts)
YoScience Mon 17-Aug-15 19:55:36

I started with fairly mild symptoms of rosacea but in the last few weeks it really flared up.

Doc has prescribe erythromycin in the hope that will help. I'm generally not very good on antibiotics, usually get a nice mixture of all the side effects going!! But will persevere for a few weeks if it will help.

ConfusedInBath Mon 17-Aug-15 20:08:40

DH suffers with this. He uses Rozex precribed by GP and it really works.

YoScience Mon 17-Aug-15 20:13:45

Is that a cream? I would have preferred a cream but the gp thought the tablets would have been best.

I'll keep that name in mind if I have no success with these tablets tho. Good to know they help, thanks.

LakeFlyPie Mon 17-Aug-15 20:24:45

I'm on lymecycline and it has made a huge difference. Hoping to change from tablets to topical treatment at some stage.

YoScience Tue 18-Aug-15 10:54:29

Thanks, good to know about things others have had success with so I can try something else if these antibiotics don't work.

Kreeshsheesh Tue 18-Aug-15 14:52:18

I use Rosex gel and Dermalex cream- they both help. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: