Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lump in stomach. hernia or more sinister. hand holding needed.

(4 Posts)
frozen70 Mon 17-Aug-15 12:09:53

So yesterday evening I noticed a lump in my tummy just below my belly button. I have also been having more regular tummy and back pain/discomfort which I generally put due to IBs.
I saw the Gp this morning and he is arranging blood tests and a scan but thinks a hernia is the most likely cause.
I am at home now worrying about it . I mentioned it twice to dh but he just doesn't seem interested. I feel so hurt and lonely. My parents are dead as are my in laws.
Any thoughts or hand holding appreciated. Thank you.

frozen70 Mon 17-Aug-15 12:10:33

The lump feels about the size of a tennis ball.

ShortyShortLegs Mon 17-Aug-15 17:03:28

Hi, I had a hernia after a c-section which was repaired with mesh. It was a straightforward op, day surgery and a small incision (hernia was the size of a large grapefruit) the mesh is stiched in place and holds the hernia back. I had a general anaesthetic. It wasn't too painful and recovery was quick.
HTH, smile

frozen70 Mon 17-Aug-15 18:33:09

Thank you. I am really hoping its a hernia. I have had 3 sections so everything is weak down there. Did you have any other symptoms shorty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now