Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blisters

(4 Posts)
Fabellini Sun 16-Aug-15 17:56:48

I have a couple of massive blisters on my heel after my shoes rubbed yesterday when I was out. They are very painful, even though I am wearing my flip-flops today!
What is the best course of action? They are throbbing away and I wonder if I should stick a pin in to let fluid out, or is that the wrong thing to do?
I don't understand why it happened either...the shoes I wore aren't new, and have never caused me any problems before, it wasn't hot, and I didn't walk far......but today....ow!

FarFromAnyRoad Sun 16-Aug-15 23:25:32

Noooooo!! Don't pop them even though it's very tempting! Just let the air get to them and if you have to wear shoes or in some way restrict the area then use a large plaster to protect them. They'll burst soon enough anyway. Do you have any Sudocrem? Worked wonders on my bad blisters once.

PurpleDaisies Sun 16-Aug-15 23:31:12

farfromanyroad is right-don't pop them. This is what the official NHS site says...
www.nhs.uk/conditions/blisters/Pages/Introduction.aspx

If you're in pain you can take paracetomol and/or ibuprofen. They should go down fairly quickly but you have my sympathies. Blisters are a nuisance.

Fabellini Mon 17-Aug-15 01:41:07

Thank you for the advice - I think one of them has burst by itself, but I can't really tell, and I'm trying not to touch them as they're just so bloody sore!
I've had blisters in the past from shoes rubbing, but this is in a totally different league, I'm going to take some paracetamol now as it's actually keeping me awake, which seems ridiculous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now