Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Numbness/dead leg feeling (can't really explain it). Sciatica?

(5 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Sun 16-Aug-15 11:55:13

I just don't know whether it's worth going to the gp about this.

Sometimes I get a dead leg feeling in my left thigh. It doesn't hurt as such, but is a wierd sensation. Usually as the day wears on, but not every day.

Yesterday, I went out with my mum, walked around the shops and in the evening went to an event in the park, so stood up all evening. I couldn't sleep because the feeling in my leg was so bad. I couldn't get comfortable in any position in bed. I took ibuprofen and eventually got some sleep. I mentioned it to DH who said that it sounds like sciatica.

Is it? Is it worth going to see the GP and is there anything I can do to help?

DoItTooJulia Sun 16-Aug-15 22:05:48

Bump?

MegGriffin Sun 16-Aug-15 22:21:02

Hello. I suffer with sciatica and have pain down the back of my leg and through to my foot. It has been very painful and the doctor has prescribed pain killers. I would recommend getting it checked out if it is affecting your sleep.

DoItTooJulia Mon 17-Aug-15 16:39:41

Thanks for that, it just seems like one of those non specific things that GPS can't do much about, reading the NHS pages about it.

Hope yours improves with time. flowers

MegGriffin Mon 17-Aug-15 16:50:05

Thanks and you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now