Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trying to trace back my stomach bug

(10 Posts)
BusyCee Fri 14-Aug-15 07:41:25

I started violently throwing up at 130am. Still being sick now. Is this more likely to be a result of lunch (noon yesterday) or dinner (830pn yesterday)?

I'm 34 wks pregnant and this is horrendous.

poocatcherchampion Fri 14-Aug-15 07:42:47

I'd say supper. What did you have? Anything suspicious?

Hope you feel better soon sickness is grim.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 14-Aug-15 07:45:20

There is a D&V virus going about at the moment (I had it 10 days ago) so it may not be anything you ate. I thought it was food poisoning, but then was so ill I had to have medical treatment which was when I was told about the virus.

Wishful80smontage Fri 14-Aug-15 07:48:50

If its a common type of good poisoning then the lunch is more likely than supper the onset would fit most types more. But it could be something you are last weekend even depending on the type it is or even norovirus sad
Hopefully it is just something you ate yesterday and its out if your system now- what did you eat yest lunch? Have you been to any BBQ's this week?

BusyCee Fri 14-Aug-15 08:50:05

Bbq last Saturday. It was Wagamama a chicken salad last night.

Still vomming. Can't keep water down down at the mo and my poor pelvic floor is not doing a good job during the violent sickness, to add humiliation to unpleasantness

I'll give it 24hrs and then get in touch with GP/midwife.

Bleurgh. Thanks all

Wishful80smontage Fri 14-Aug-15 08:53:13

It could be the BBQ last weekend (especially if you ate chicken) or yest lunch i would be very surprised if it was last nights meal the onset period would be extremely fast for food poisoning.
I would get in touch with midwife by lunchtime if your still being sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Berthatydfil Fri 14-Aug-15 09:08:26

I had good poisoning from prawns I ate about 7 pm and started feeling ill within an hour or so and was throwing up all that night.
I would say anything eaten within 12 hours could be reponsible if it is food poisoning.
A stomach bug or virus could have a longer incubation time and be harder to trace back.
I would contact the midwife for advice today even if you start to feel better

BusyCee Fri 14-Aug-15 09:10:46

Thanks again. Appreciate its a mystery until tested. Have had both norovirus and campylobacter in the last year....so desperately hoping it's neither.

Finola1step Fri 14-Aug-15 09:13:22

It could be anything eaten in the previous 12 hours or a virus.

That said, it is worth giving your midwife a call today. I know many women who had d&v just before labour started, me included. I'm sure that this won't be the case, but better to err on the side of caution.

BusyCee Fri 14-Aug-15 09:37:06

Finola - there was a moment last night when I did this I'd popped myself and that babe was imminent...

This is DC3 though, and I know the signs, so glad to say it's still safely tucked away. And had hiccups by the feel of it. Feeling like this with a passenger on board is particularly grim I have to say...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now