Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this worth another phone call?

(2 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Thu 13-Aug-15 15:38:43

Saw GP yesterday as I had suddenly developed crippling stomach pain (just below my ribcage) coupled with pain in my lower back and top of my legs. I was also vomiting and had diarrhoea. GP diagnosed a nasty tummy bug and prescribed co-codamol and anti-sickness tablets. Also said to keep an eye on the pain in case it migrated to the lower right (just in case of appendicitis) or if the symptoms were not improving.

24 hours later and I have stopped being sick but the pain has not subsided and is only eased with the co-codamol. Pain also seems to have moved down a bit but is not localized to the right hand side. Would you phone the GP back or just keep monitoring it?

holeinmyheart Thu 13-Aug-15 15:48:11

If you feel frightened and in pain still any GP worth his/ her salt would be glad to reassure you and help.
However diagnosing illnesses is not an exact Science and Doctors are not gods. So the GPs diagnosis could be wrong.
I think if you are at all worried then you should get another appointment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now