Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my ds' scabby ear :(

(7 Posts)
SpaggyBollocks Thu 13-Aug-15 14:16:54

anyone fancy having a bash at identifying this rash?

started yesterday as a collection of small red bumps but has worsened overnight and now seems itchy and a bit crispy. also seems to be spreading as he now has red bumps by his eye.

definitely uncomfortable as he is poking and whacking at it, but my concern is that it might also be internal and affecting his inner ear?

he's 15 months.

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 13-Aug-15 14:19:05

Could it be impetigo,I wonder?

SpaggyBollocks Thu 13-Aug-15 14:29:34

uh oh, that's quite contagious isn't it?

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 13-Aug-15 14:35:18

Bumping for you,op,because I'm kind of guessing.

(But if it were,yes it is contagious)

SpaggyBollocks Thu 13-Aug-15 14:40:38

thank you, I think I'll get him checked over to be sure. our GP is really good and always sees us within 24 hours so no sense leaving him all itchy and sad.

bonzo77 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:47:10

Ooh yes, could well be impetigo. Mine have both had it recently. Wash his clothes/ bedding towels / soft toys after each use for now, wash your hands lots and keep him away from other children. It's very catching.

SpaggyBollocks Thu 13-Aug-15 14:49:13

oh balls. just had a crowd of small children over this afternoon. gonna enjoy composing that group text to all the mums.

can anything soothe it that I might have in the medicine cupboard?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now