Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone else have morning nausea (and NOT pregnant)

(15 Posts)
queenrollo Thu 13-Aug-15 08:57:05

I've had this on and off for as long as I can remember. It's not every morning, but I will have several days in a row where I get up and just feel so sick sad

I never have felt like eating as soon as I wake. I do have something small though in case it's a blood sugar thing and once I've eaten I feel even more nauseous for about half an hour.

Anyone else with this found a cause or any magic cures?

It lasts a couple of hours and with a busy toddler to amuse it's horrible feeling so sick all morning.

LongDayAlready Thu 13-Aug-15 09:00:37

I do quite frequently - generally find it's linked to either tiredness or hunger and improves if I eat something, even if it's the last thing you feel like doing. Also increases if am feeling stressed (I always used to be physically sick before exams etc) - don't know if there's anything affecting you there? Seems to be a family weakness for us, my dad and sister have similar so you have my sympathies. Not sure what the answer is but hope knowing you're not alone helps!

TheCowThatLaughs Thu 13-Aug-15 09:01:43

I used to get this, then realised it was caused by drinking tea on an empty stomach. Now I have to make sure I eat first then drink my tea second.

Aquamarine70 Thu 13-Aug-15 09:27:26

It could be due to excess stomach acid. Maybe see a Dr & get something prescribed to see if that helps.

Prizeplum Thu 13-Aug-15 10:02:08

I've had this for a year. Def not pregnant and have vomited 3 or 4 times a wk. I had ovarian cysts which gynae said could be causing the problem. A drink and a rich tea biscuit before getting out of bed helped a little. See your gp.

nmg85 Thu 13-Aug-15 13:57:07

Mine was due to acid reflux and stress.

WanderWomble Thu 13-Aug-15 22:12:51

Yep, I get this when I have to be up really early. I figure it's basically my body sulking at being out of bed! Eating something sweet and making sure I drink little and often really helps.

MaximiseProductivity Thu 13-Aug-15 22:29:33

I get it monthly, just before my period's due - that time when if you're symptom spotting you'd be convinced you're pregnant. It usually passes once I've had something to eat. Just like morning sickness which I always found worse if I let myself get hungry.

Sarahplane Thu 13-Aug-15 23:16:06

I get this too. Have done since I was little.

Sarahplane Thu 13-Aug-15 23:18:36

Just out of interest did any of you get particularly bad morning sickness when pregnant? Mine was bad and want on for most of the pregnancy with both.

dun1urkin Thu 13-Aug-15 23:21:04

Yes, yes I used to get this all the time! Awful nausea, very occasional vomiting when I brushed my teeth.
I eventually worked out it was the milk in my morning coffee. I just can't tolerate any dairy until I've 'got going' I have my coffee black now!!

Carrie5608 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:41:43

Ds had this it was Helicobacter. The Dr does a breath test and then you get an antibiotic for it.

postitnotes Thu 13-Aug-15 23:46:44

I get this. Realised milk really triggers it off. I rarely eat breakfast and drink sugary black coffee to get going instead.

queenrollo Fri 14-Aug-15 07:31:47

I had wondered if it was hormonal as I've noticed it is much worse when I'm ovulating.

Sarahplane while I had minimal vomiting in my pregnancies I had this awful, awful feeling of nausea for almost the entire pregnancy. Eating little and often was the only way to keep it at a level I could function.

Carrie my mother was diagnosed with Helicobacter as the cause of the chronic stomach ulcer. I've just done a bit of reading and while I have some of the symptoms listed, they are the innocuous ones that could be down to any number of other things. Still might mention it to my GP though.

MaximiseProductivity Fri 14-Aug-15 08:24:55

Yes, Sarahplane, with DS1 I was sick for 5 months and continued with the nausea queenrollo describes for the whole pregnancy. With DS2 I was sick every single day for the whole 9 months. I even vomited just after the delivery!

Although I get this "hormonal" nausea, I'm not generally a sickie person, very rarely get sickness bugs, not travel sick etc (touch wood!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now