Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wisdom teeth

(2 Posts)
CarriesBucketOfBlood Wed 12-Aug-15 22:24:51

About 6 months ago my wisdom teeth started to grow through. I could feel both sides of my mouth hurting. I wasn't in a position to be able to go to the dentist until about a month ago, where I had an x-Ray. The dentist said he would phone if any action against them needed to be taken. Never had a phone call, all must be well.

Fast forward to now, I am pretty sure they are on the move again. Previously the dentist said that they could press into other teeth and mean two would have to be removed instead of just the wisdom.

Of the 4, all have grown but only one has ruptured the gum so I can't really tell how much they have shifted.

Do I need to make another dentist appointment? I'm slightly phobic but will make one if I have to. I appreciate having nice teeth and the though of having two out instead of one makes my heart race.

If I wait until my 6 monthly checkup, will it be too late? Should I just bite the bullet and make one, with the risk of him saying barely any change, or should I just leave it for a bit?

Olivo Thu 13-Aug-15 08:36:23

I had similar, was put on the watch and wait. Unfortunately, one did indeed grow sideways and damaged the tooth next to it, that had to come out. I suffered an almighty infection before they did anything, making me quite ill. I would go and check. If you can bring yourself to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now