Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Laparoscopy - Scar treatment

(5 Posts)
Alisa2015 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:22:20

Hi forum,

I have a question and I hope you can help me out,

I am a 26 year old French woman currently working in the UK.

I had Laparoscopy surgery on my stomach in January, which was pointless but this left me with 2 big scars that I am eager to get rid of.

I have enclosed pictures which show you my two scars.

I have been using Kelo-cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel by Enaltus, for 5 Months always one application once-a-day sometimes twice-a-day, but the scars are still visible.

Do you know if there are better scar treatments either privately or commercially attainable?

Kind regards,

Alisa Mitch

MatildaTheCat Wed 12-Aug-15 21:27:42

Your scars look very tidy and well healed. I'm willing to be proved wrong but as far as I'm aware scars are permanent. It's scar tissue which is different from unbroken skin. The best you can hope for is fading and a flat appearance which you seem to have.

People seem to swear by Bio Oil for scars but it doesn't erase them, just improve the appearance.

I'm sure you don't want to hear this but to me they look hardly visible and I'd say just forget them.

Alisa2015 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:42:07

thanks but they are all I can see

MountainDweller Wed 12-Aug-15 23:38:34

They will fade more over time... I have lots from 5-8 years ago and I can't really see them at all.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 13-Aug-15 12:14:52

Yours are less noticeable than mine from a year ago! I've got 5 scars and they don't bother me but if they did I'd have probably tried Bio Oil as I've heard good things about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now