Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

any dentists around?

(3 Posts)
cricketballs Tue 11-Aug-15 15:30:15

I have a false tooth on a plate (its one of my front teeth). I have had this tooth for 18 months now and no problems. Occasionally I take it out when I am eating alone as some foods it is just easier.

Sat at the table today I took it out, placed it on the table (as countless other times) and ate my lunch, walked through to the kitchen and washed my dishes - in the mean time the dog decided to jump up onto the table and chew up my tooth!

I have managed to get an appointment at the dentist for tomorrow morning, but how long will a replacement take? I can not go out without something there as its a front tooth

Millipedewithherfeetup Tue 11-Aug-15 17:25:28

Im not a dentist but i think they will be able to give you a tempory one until a new "custom made" one can be fitted, prob similar to when you first had your tooth removed ? Dont worry im sure you will be fine tomorrow, and lesson learned for next time, have a little pot of some sort on your table to prevent this hapening again !

cricketballs Tue 11-Aug-15 20:19:42

When the tooth was removed, I was just given the denture straight away, not a temporary one
But, in the mean time I've managed to find a denture clinic that will make a replacement within 48 hours at only £50 odd pound more than my NHS dentist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now