Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

b12 injections

(3 Posts)
butterfly86 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:17:22

I found out I have low b12 a few months ago after months of fighting with the doctors and being told I was fine. I had the loading dose then I'm supposed to have them 12 weekly now but a few weeks ago about 6 weeks after the loading dose my symptoms started creeping back so I visited the doctor but was told under no circumstances could I have it earlier than 12 weeks as it would overload me, now I'm back to square 1..falling asleep all the time, muscle weakness etc some days I barely have the energy to look after my 13 month old dd! Does anybody have any experience of low b12 and is the doctor right in saying I can't have it early? I'm sure the nurse told me if 12 weeks was too long I could have it earlier. I'm exhausted sad

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 11-Aug-15 12:16:03

I would suggest seeing different doctor I can have up to 10 shirts a year so up to every 6 weeks. It is a water soluble vitamin if you get to much you just pee it out.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 11-Aug-15 12:16:20

That would be shots not shirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now