Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Candesartan for Migraine

(7 Posts)
oasiswaterpool Mon 10-Aug-15 21:58:27

Has anyone used Candesartan (Amias) for migraine please? Did it help? Did it have a relaxing effect as well?

Etak15 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:03:30

I haven't heard of using candesartan before for migrane - so is it taken as a preventative Or to treat the attack?

oasiswaterpool Tue 11-Aug-15 07:47:55

Hi, Etak15 taken as a preventative widens blood vessels so may be helpful in preventing attacks.

Lynnyb1 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:15:51

I have just been prescribed candes art and 4mg for migrains but reluctant to take them as I do not have high blood pressure any advice would be appreciated

highinthesky Tue 07-Mar-17 19:21:55

Give it a go OP. Migraine can be incredibly tricky to treat if standard treatments don't work (I too am a chronic migraine sufferer - by that I mean 15-25 days in 28).

If you take it 1/2 hr before bed you shouldn't feel any sudden drop in BP. Let us know how you get on.

highinthesky Tue 07-Mar-17 19:23:03

Am interested to know if you've tried propranolol before?

GurneyGob Wed 08-Mar-17 19:41:31

Interested - not heard of this. I tried Propanalol at increasing doses for several months and have quite low blood pressure. It did not suit me as it made me feel very faint and had no effect on the frequency and severity of my migraines - but was worth a shot as so many people have good results with it even though they don't have high blood pressure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now