Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in one breast

(7 Posts)
Crosbybeach Mon 10-Aug-15 21:47:14

Mid 40s, peri menopausal. Got a hardness in left breast, it's tender and sore if I poke it, feels heavy. Period just started, but it's not feeling better. Not a usual Pre period thing for me. Any ideas?

amazonqueen Mon 10-Aug-15 21:55:11

Emergency appointment at your GP tomorrow. No point leaving it for you to worry about any longer than strictly necessary.

Any changes are always worth getting checked out so dont think you are wasting the doctors time.

electricflyzapper Mon 10-Aug-15 22:00:16

Yes, get it checked for your peace of mind. I had a similar thing going on only in both breasts. Lasted weeks before I finally cracked and went to the GP. She didn't know what it was but she said it was not cancer which was all I was worrying about. A routine mammogram a few weeks later when I was still very sore showed nothing either. Eventually the pain just went away by itself.

But you need to get yourself checked and hear all this for yourself. I've just remembered, I have had pain in one breast before and went for an examination with a GP. Again, nothing found. I think these things happen.

DowntownFunk Tue 11-Aug-15 00:20:34

I had a mammogram today for the exact same thing. I'll find out in a week or so if there's a problem.

SarahWop19 Tue 11-Aug-15 06:06:16

You must get it checked out by your GP, for peace of mind, particularly if you haven't felt this before. Your boobs can get lumpy and tender at certain times of the month anyway. Have you noticed any other symptoms like puckering dimpling inverted nipple or discharge? If you are concerned a mammogram could put your mind at rest. And they are@Suffolk_BCN: #Suffolk #burystedmunds PLEASE RT Lets get the most people taking part in #wearitpink t.co/GFu2ktb6Mm Get in touch for local support not that bad. I had breast cancer when I was 36. As soon as I felt a lump which was so tiny I went to my GP who reluctantly referred me. I'm glad he did. I'm really really well now and do all I can to raise awareness with Breast Cancer Now. We need to know what our boobs feel like normally, self examination is so importAnt. Please get the reassurance you need . Xx

Crosbybeach Tue 11-Aug-15 17:24:55

Thank you. I've made an appointment, although it does seem a little less tender today. Best to get it checked out, and if it goes away before Friday and the appt, then that would be great!

DowntownFunk Tue 11-Aug-15 20:24:10

Crosby, my pain isn't all the time or that bad but it is there. The GP asked if I felt it more than half of the month, answer yes. She referred me.

The mammogram itself was alright. The radiographer put me completely at ease and answered all questions as well as telling me about her own experiences after a lump.

I <heart> our NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now