Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The nurse thinks I should see my GP about my spots!

(10 Posts)
Katymac Mon 10-Aug-15 15:48:32

Not my bone/joint pain, not my TAAT, not my IBS or prolapse; but my spots!

Somehow I think they will be unable to anything for that either hmm

DIYandEatCake Tue 11-Aug-15 06:44:47

I put off seeing the gp for ages about my spots. When I did go they diagnosed rosacea and prescribed an antibiotic lotion, which was fantastic and pretty much cleared up all the spots in 2-3 weeks - I wished I'd gone much sooner!

Lunastarfish Tue 11-Aug-15 06:48:37

I appreciate her comments might seem a little leftfield but I developed acne when I was 26. I was prescribed 3 months of antibiotics and some lotion andit cleared up, as the pp says,I wish I had gone sooner.

StealthPolarBear Tue 11-Aug-15 06:50:55

Yes my GP mentioned my acne as a teenager (I was there for something else). The antibiotic prescription made such a difference.
That said it does sound like you could benefit from wider investigations. Obvious I know but have you upped your iron intake?

Pippioddstocking Tue 11-Aug-15 06:52:58

Yes do go, there is lots they can do for the spots but they could also be related to your other health conditions and perhaps she was hoping the GP might pick up on that.

tobysmum77 Tue 11-Aug-15 08:46:35

OP at least you will have beautiful skin hmm though feeling shite.

I've never done anything about mine either, now I'm pushing 40 I don't get as many as I used to. I've never got abs for a few zits, when we have a resistance epidemic. But they really don't bother me.

Katymac Tue 11-Aug-15 09:02:27

I only started getting them in the last few years & they are particularly bad atm

Stealth - I'm taking Folic Acid, Zinc & Vit D by prescription due to deficiency along with B12 injections & extra B12, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium & Iron as well (haven't told GP about the extra B12)

Kayakwonder Tue 11-Aug-15 18:25:25

MSM tablets are really good for acne.

Best to avoid taking antibiotics if you can possibly help it (in my opinion anyway).

iwantgin Wed 12-Aug-15 17:38:28

There are many treatment options for acne. I suffered from teen years until late 40s. Sucks. Currently on meds which are working (not antibiotic).
See your gp. You have nothing to lose.

Katymac Wed 12-Aug-15 19:15:44

Thanks - I have made an appointment, but it seems a bit surreal not enough NHS money to fix my B12 issues but they can fix my spots!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now