Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bruises (health anxiety)

(7 Posts)
U2HasTheEdge Sat 08-Aug-15 10:39:54

I recently posted a photo of my dd's massive bruise that I worried about but since then I have been worried about mine.

I went camping a few weeks ago and came home with a big-ish yellow bruise on my leg, I put it down to knocking it somehow. A week later I had another two yellow bruises at the back of my leg.

This week I have started cycling for the first time ever and have been doing training which has included a lot of physical work. I woke up today with a bruise on the inside of my leg, a yellow one, and another tiny one on my calf. It seems like for the last few weeks I always have one or two bruises.

They are always on my legs, none on my arms or back.

As I have HA I am of course thinking the worst. I don't want to keep rushing to the dr's for anything because they are probably sick of seeing me. So I wondered how bad bruises should really be before you go to the GP. I am definitely getting more bruises than normal recently, but they aren't the nasty looking ones. I have seen blood cancer bruises and they don't look the same, but that was quite a late stage blood cancer. My children recently lost their dad to it, so I'm extra worried it is what I have, although I have no other symptoms.

Snog Sat 08-Aug-15 12:39:41

I'm not sure what HA is but would recommend a quick GP appointment to put your mind at rest

MrsKCastle Sat 08-Aug-15 12:43:37

"This week I have started cycling for the first time ever and have been doing training which has included a lot of physical work."

I think this is your answer. I can understand your anxiety, but from what you have said, I really don't think it is anything to worry about. I'm always getting bruises without really noticing.

MerdeAlor Sat 08-Aug-15 20:42:48

I constantly have bruises on my legs, no idea where from. It's normal.

I think this is your health anxiety talking. Can you speak to your GP about your anxiety instead? That would be more helpful to you I suspect. Good luck.

GallopingFoxley Sat 08-Aug-15 20:51:23

It's HA and you know this, deep down . Try and use some distraction techniques. And stop googling

U2HasTheEdge Sat 08-Aug-15 21:00:40

I don't google any more, I banned myself from that a long time ago, but unfortunately I know what bruises can mean from a few years of googling everything under the sun.

I found another two tiny ones on my legs.

I have spoke to my GP about my ha loads and I am mostly on top of it, but every now and then I struggle and have to work extra hard at trying to stay in control. I am not too bad at the moment, it's niggling away but not to the extent where I am having panic attacks, I just need to work hard to keep it that way.

I appreciate you replying and it has put my mind more at rest as well smile

I usually don't bruise very easily, but my mum said it happens more with age.

sandycove Sun 09-Aug-15 22:43:04

I used to get terrible bruises for no reason. I never remembered banging myself or anything but I'd wake up in the morning with massive ones. Sometimes I'd get haematomas as well for no reason which was like a huge swollen bruise. Don't seem to get them now, so they can't have been serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now