Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles post partum (TMI)

(5 Posts)
33goingon64 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:23:25

I have seen a few threads about piles but I seem to have a slightly different issue. They are definitely on the outside (no pain when pooing). They are hurting all the time, not just when sitting down. Finding a comfortable sitting position is practically impossible. There's no blood that I can see. I had stitches fairly close to the back passage and there's some localised stinging when applying Anusol cream so am concerned I'm interfering with a stitched tear or even that a pile has appeared where there's a stitch, which would surely be a problem. Will go and see pharmacist once I'm up and about but wondered if anyone else has had anything similar and what you did to just soothe the pain/reduce swelling.

LadyLuck81 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:58:26

I suffered horribly post pregnancy too. I took care to wash the area after each movement, with clean water no soap, and apply the cream each time. I wore loose clothing and sat on my v shaped cushion so as not to press down. It took about 8 weeks for them to go completely but the soreness reduced more quickly. If you are worried I'd see your GP rather than the pharmacist. Or if you are still under MW care fetcher to check the stitches etc. my poor MW did shock

33goingon64 Sat 08-Aug-15 18:22:32

Thanks for replying. DH got me some germaloids cream and that's helping as it has anaesthetic in. Also squeezing bum cheeks together when sitting helps.

LadyLuck81 Sat 08-Aug-15 18:36:32

That's good. If they're aren't improving don't though do get checked out. I know it's mortifying but it's better than suffering.

butterfly86 Sun 09-Aug-15 11:42:01

I had piles pp too and I had a cesearean! I thinl it must have been the pressure of pregnancy pressing down, they were again when going to the toilet and bled a lot but went away within maybe 6-8 weeks I used anusol to numb the pain and shrink them. Hope they clear up for you soon they're awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now