Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gilbert syndrome

(2 Posts)
Simplemind Fri 07-Aug-15 10:53:36

I believe my dm has gilberts syndrome and blood tests have always showed a slightly elevated bilirubin levels that her GP has never been concerned about. She has been a bit stressed and run down recently and I think she looks a little jaundice. Anyone had any experience how long jaundice lasts in gilberts syndrome.

AbsintheMakesTheHeart Fri 07-Aug-15 10:59:18

My dh and dd have it. The symptoms come and go - I notice the yellowness in their eyes can last a few days or a week, but not really much longer than that. Also, it's fairly mild - not alarming or instantly hit-you-in-the-face obvious. My dh has phases when he'll go off any kind of rich food and just want to eat green stuff for a while, which I guess is when his GS is having a bit of a flare up, but otherwise it doesn't really have much impact on their lives. Hope your mum feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now