Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dark brown period. Do I need to see gp?

(8 Posts)
TipsyandT0m Thu 06-Aug-15 09:14:34

My cycle for the last year has been been between 21 and 26 days.
This time my period didn't start until day 35. I thought I may be pregnant but two hpts showed negative.
This period has been dark brown blood and seven days on hasn't stopped. The last two days I have had some spotting of bright red blood on wiping, but it has been quite minimal.
I have never had this before except at start or end of period.
Just wondering if others have had experience of this. I don't want to waste the gps time if it is quite common.

Have you been ill, dieting, or dehydrated? All can affect your periods.

TipsyandT0m Thu 06-Aug-15 09:22:16

No Telephone. I have felt a bit off and nauseous the past few days, but not ill.

bonzo77 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:25:23

When did you last do a hpt? I'd see your GP. You might be pregnant, this could be an early miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, both could give you negative hpts.

I'd see a GP, personally. ASAP. It's probably nothing to worry about, but best get yourself checked over.

Haggisfish Thu 06-Aug-15 09:30:07

They will probably ask if you have done a pregnancy test-worth doing one just to check.

ImTakingTheEssence Thu 06-Aug-15 09:30:14

Im going through something similar. I had my period two weeks ago and this brownish mucus like blood for the past two weeks. I've been to the doctors as I never bleed between periods and was getting worried. I'm booked in for and internal on monday where the take swabs etc. My minds going crazy as to what it could be. I would go to the doctors.

TipsyandT0m Thu 06-Aug-15 09:31:31

Shit. I am away from home at the moment. Will see if there is a walk in centre I can go to. Did hpt test day 30 and 33.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now