Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bunions, crappy feet, pain etc. Shoe advice!

(5 Posts)
Asleeponasunbeam Wed 05-Aug-15 09:36:12

Can't post this in style and beauty - some of the posters get uppity about the lack of style in shoes linked!

I've got a long history of foot problems and had bunion surgery in my teens. Shouldn't have done I don't think - it was badly done and the bunions soon returned.

I've had other foot problems recently and have seen a sports medicine consultant and physio. Their advice now is to see a podiatrist and I have an appointment booked for September.

In the meantime, I need to be comfortable. Most of the pain at the moment is under the base of my toes. I have a fairly good pair of sandals which are reasonably supportive and quite comfortable. I will need to buy something for work in September although could perhaps get away with my running trainers until the appointment. They have insoles in them provided by the physio to correct overpronation.

What sort of shoe is the podiatrist likely to recommend? I'm lucky in that I can wear anything for work - unlucky in that I'm on my feet all day!

Milliways Wed 05-Aug-15 16:46:23

I have painful Neuromas and like Clarks Unstructured shoes ( very padded insoles). here

I have also just discovered Hotter Shoes as they have recently opened a shop in my town.

Asleeponasunbeam Wed 05-Aug-15 20:22:51

Thanks, those unstructured Clarks look great. Do you wear orthotics in yours?
I've had Hotter shoes before - when I needed smarter shoes for work. Comfy, but I wonder if they're too flat for me now.

Milliways Wed 05-Aug-15 21:50:54

I don't have Orthotics but get away with 'Happy Feet Massaging Insoles' which I first got at a Motorhomes show, then buy online from the U.S., but I have seen them on some UK sites now (different name, will look it up)
They are filled with fluid in sections that moves as you walk, so take some getting used to as you can rock on your feet within your shoes whilst standing still- a bit like the old Moon Boots! Anyway, they mean I can wear a lot of other shoes for short periods. Must get some more soon as mine are very worn out.

Milliways Wed 05-Aug-15 21:54:14

Happy Feet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now