Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coconut oil

(5 Posts)
Cozyhome Mon 03-Aug-15 12:25:13

Hi I'm hearing a lot about this oil. Can you please tell me what you find good about it and should I be investing in it? Is it from Holland and Barrett ?
Many thanks

isupposeitsverynice Mon 03-Aug-15 12:29:10

You can get in tesco for six quid a jar. I use it cook popcorn and protect my hair from home bleaching. For those things it is brilliant.

EmNetta Mon 03-Aug-15 13:38:59

Six quid? Friend got some for me from Asian supermarket for about £2 per 500ml, food quality.

I use it for cosmetic recipes at present, might get round to cooking with it later. I put some into smaller container to warm it up, leaving original jar in cool place.

bruffin Mon 03-Aug-15 13:42:52

Its a marketing myth. Its no heakthier than other vegetable oils so dont waste your money

BareGrylls Mon 03-Aug-15 13:56:43

Big hype IMO.
I got some from asian supermarket very cheap. It's horrible stuff, semi solid at room temperature. I got it for dry skin / eczema but it wasn't any better than moisturiser. Tried it on hair/scalp and it took ages to remove, it was like having vaseline in your hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now