Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen lymph node

(4 Posts)
Clocksandcandles Sun 02-Aug-15 19:19:23

I found a swollen lymph node, left side, just above the collarbone, about a month ago.

It hasnt got any smaller, maybe marginally larger if anything. It doesn't hurt. I don't have an infection that I know of.

I need to go to the doctor don't I? I have googled (I know I know), and I am a bit concerned.

Anyone had one ?

Thanks

Shnook Sun 02-Aug-15 19:35:47

I had one in my twenties on my neck. Pretty big. No illness etc. Dr checked me over thoroughly. Bloods came back showing I was fighting an infection of some sort but nothing that was bad enough to actually make me feel ill. Dr said sometimes your body is fighting infections/viruses that you don't know you have. So it was nothing. But the node has been slightly large ever since ( which is normal). But yes always best to get these things checked.

LittleLionHeart Sun 02-Aug-15 21:09:10

I did and do have an enlarged supraclavicular node, and I too was frightened. It's never grown and it was "shotty", not hard, so was told to keep an eye. Four years later I am still here smile

spudmasher Sun 02-Aug-15 21:17:42

DD had one- reoccurred recently. Turned out that she was just fighting an infection and the HPV vaccine triggered it once too. I know what you're thinking! I did too. It would be silly to say don't worry, because it's normal to worry, so just go and get checked out tomorrow. Blood tests will put your mind at rest, as they did ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now