Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Botox to correct double vision

(4 Posts)
tigerdog Fri 31-Jul-15 18:05:33

Hi,

I wondered if anyone has had any experience of treating double vision with Botox injections?

My double vision has gotten worse lately (probably an undetected squint/weakness from my childhood) and I've been seen by an opthalmologist and orthopist. At my last appointment, they suggested that Botox would be a possibility to correct the issue, but that there were some risks, including worsening the problem. I am a bit nervous about having it done, and wondered if anyone else was able to share their experiences?

Thank you.

tigerdog Mon 03-Aug-15 20:09:12

Anyone?

SylvanianCaliphate Mon 03-Aug-15 20:13:45

Not for double vision.

I had it for migraine though and after reading internet experiences I was disheartened, it only works for around 1/3 of my type of migraine but I tried it eventually.

So glad I did it's changed my life (and I love th side effects of less wrinkles) what have you got to lose?
It doesn't work, it wears off otoh it could be your cure!

tigerdog Wed 05-Aug-15 16:46:05

Thanks. I have to say I'm rather attracted by the side effects of less wrinkles! I am nervous though as they did say that it could make my vision worse...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now