Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BID and painful legs and arms

(11 Posts)
accol Thu 30-Jul-15 07:11:36

I am currently being investigated for IBD. This week has been particularly bad for abdominal pain, tiredness and general feeling unwell. I have been getting a lot of pain in my arms and legs too and wondered if this is related? It started as a sharp pain in my thigh and now I am getting a dull ache/tingly/numb feeling in both my legs and sometimes my arms.

Anyone able to help? TIA

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 30-Jul-15 07:19:42

I know that IBD can affect your joints, but it doesn't sound like this is your joints, more a general pain, is that right?

Mind you, think pain is a funny old bugger and can pop up in places that aren't the actual source of the pain (referred pain?)

accol Thu 30-Jul-15 07:22:50

Yeah it's not in my joints just all down my legs. It's a strange feeling really!

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 30-Jul-15 07:28:58

I've not heard of this but I've only just been diagnosed with ibd and mine's a cute baby ibd at that wink

Have you had a look on the chrons/colitis site? Tons of info on there

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 30-Jul-15 07:29:16

Crohn's

Gah

accol Thu 30-Jul-15 07:31:45

I have had a quick look but it mainly talks about joints. I shall look again!

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 30-Jul-15 07:32:50

Any condition that affects the functioning of your digestive system can affect your ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.

B12 for example, if you are not absorbing sufficient could easily give the symptoms you describe.

Have you had thyroid, Ceoliac, iron, vit D, b12 etc blood tests already? Remember, vitamin and mineral deficiencies are often not the underlying "cause", but a symptom of the underlying condition (so supplements may help but symptoms but they won't sort out the real problem iykwim).

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 30-Jul-15 07:36:30

Yy get a coeliac test

That manifests itself in all sorts of odd and creepy ways

The scamp

accol Thu 30-Jul-15 07:44:32

I have had coeliac test and it was negative. My blood results always come back fine, last lot was done about 3 weeks ago.
It's been very tricky getting this far into finding out what's wrong!
Thank you for your help tho!

MuddhaOfSuburbia Fri 31-Jul-15 13:43:56

my bloods for coeliac were neither negative or pos (??not sure of the deets-either way, they didn't really indicate cd)

it was only because I was so poorly and the GP had a hunch that I got referred for an endoscopy, which turned out positive

try GP again, maybe?

accol Fri 31-Jul-15 19:11:43

I had an endoscopy in June and all was clear. I have a colonoscopy next week and am praying they find something to explain why I feel so bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now