Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OOH/MIU or wait and see?

(7 Posts)
BlandandInsipid Wed 29-Jul-15 19:06:25

Yesterday DH cut his leg with a hedge trimmer. Fairly nasty cut, but not requiring stitches. He didnt do anything (like put a plaster on) about it and would let me go near it (total medical phobe)
Today he feels awful and has a tympanic temp of 38.5
Wound is fine, no swelling or pus. Not hot to touch.
I want him to see OOH GP as I suspect a systemic infection due to the cut. He says I'm being my usual worry wort self and I should just let him sleep and he'll be fine in the morning.
Opinions please?

BlandandInsipid Wed 29-Jul-15 19:08:08

*wouldn't let me go near it.

YeOldeTrout Wed 29-Jul-15 19:10:47

(am not a medic): What happens if he has paracetomol?

YeOldeTrout Wed 29-Jul-15 19:14:38

(I had to look of tympanic temp): his is only slightly elevated if i understand correctly.

I once went to hospital for 5 days following a very minor wound, but I still think I"d adopt a wait & see approach.

BlandandInsipid Wed 29-Jul-15 19:17:01

Paracetamol would probably reduce his temperature, but I think that would probably just mask symptoms.
I probably am worrying too much. I've been over exposed to the extreme end of the spectrum, where a splinter causes septicaemia!

YeOldeTrout Wed 29-Jul-15 19:20:47

Well yeah would mask but frankly creature comforts are worth having, imho, when ill.
I hope he's fine tomorrow. x

Graceymac Fri 31-Jul-15 04:35:21

He should be reviewed. Would need a tetanus infection too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now