Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I did something stupid at high school and it still bothers me

(7 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Wed 29-Jul-15 18:29:13

There was a game/challenge that went round at my high school when I was about 12 years old. You had to have someone hold an inhaler to your skin and pump it as many times without pulling away, it froze your skin and eventually left a big blister.

I feel really embarrassed that I ever participated but I was 12 and some older kids were doing it so obviously that makes it a brilliant idea.

A couple of times a year my arm gets tender where it happened and it makes me worried. I feel a bit embarrassed to go to the GP about it but I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to go.

Does anyone have any idea what causes the tenderness? Could it be to do with the scar tissue?

GallopingFoxley Wed 29-Jul-15 18:32:46

Sounds like your anxiety talking more than anything else. You were 12 and you did something that daft 12 year olds do. Honestly , it's it a 'thing' and I cannot believe that it's having repercussions to this day. Not physical ones anyway

ProfessorPickles Wed 29-Jul-15 19:24:17

I'm sure I can feel it in my arm like a tightness underneath it, but maybe it is psychological like you say!

I remember my nan panicking me at the time saying "why have you done that?! you'll give yourself cancer!" I was terrified so maybe that's why I worry I've done serious damage which is daft after all this time confused

TheOriginalWinkly Wed 29-Jul-15 19:26:34

Do you mean an asthma inhaler, that's designed to be pumped into the mouth with its delicate skin, over and over again for years? I think it's safe enough smile

ProfessorPickles Wed 29-Jul-15 19:28:56

Yes that is the one.
I feel daft for asking now! I think I may have blown it out of proportion slightly.... blush

GallopingFoxley Wed 29-Jul-15 19:49:20

grin

GallopingFoxley Wed 29-Jul-15 19:49:35

Maybe just a little ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now