Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where's my period gone? Low iron related?

(8 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Tue 28-Jul-15 23:21:55

My ferritin level was borderline, I've been having loads of awful symptoms but my periods were normal for me (very heavy). I started taking iron and some symptoms have improved dramatically but my periods seem to have gone very light???I assume it's related as it happened at the same time, but I've never had an even remotely light or normal period and now last few months they've been barely there. Anyone know if it could be related to iron? Has my iron gone so low that my body's trying to keep hold of it's stores?

gnushoes Tue 28-Jul-15 23:28:06

How old are you Ferritin? Anaemia and then periods going very light might be perimenopausal and it can happen at all sorts of ages.

gnushoes Tue 28-Jul-15 23:28:36

Not Ferritin - doh, sorry snow

MoreSnowPlease Tue 28-Jul-15 23:30:21

30!

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 28-Jul-15 23:39:29

I think low ferritin can cause heavy periods. And then you get into an ever worsening loop.

MoreSnowPlease Tue 28-Jul-15 23:48:45

Yes maybe that's why I've felt so shit as mine are usually very very heavy. But its like it's got so bad that my body can't lose anymore blood and shut them down....

FabULouse Wed 29-Jul-15 03:12:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MoreSnowPlease Wed 29-Jul-15 11:18:45

No it is there its just very light

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now