Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Podiatrist thinks I have Hyper-Mobility. Do I need to see GP?

(2 Posts)
LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 28-Jul-15 08:30:46

I went to see a podiatrist last week to have my feet checked and new insoles made - I have worn insoles for about 6 years to keep my feet straight. This was a new podiatrist and when she examined me she said "No wonder you need insoles with hyper-mobility this bad" and then wondered off to make some notes. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but I've since consulted good old Dr Google and it does seem to fit very well. I have very flexible joints, and problems with me knees (any sort of pressure on them at all seems to "push" them out of place). Most of my joints click very loudly and can be quite painful.

Is this something that I should see the GP about? Or is it just "one of those things"?

Becca19962014 Tue 28-Jul-15 14:01:57

It's a good idea to get it checked out just in case. Hyper-mobility can be caused by various things, mine is a result of ehlers danlos syndrome but it could also be caused by other things as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: