Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abnormal period

(2 Posts)
Minniemagoo Tue 28-Jul-15 08:15:33

This is a bit of a WWYD and may be a bit TMI.
Last Wednesday I started what I thought was my period, bang on time. However all I have had is a week of dark brown discharge when I wipe with some fresh red streaks, about once a day. It's very light and mainly only when I wipe.
I am definitely not pregnant, am 40 so a bit early for menopausal changes, have normalish period cramps.
I haven't had this before and am wondering what the reason and is it something I need to see a GP about.

ArabellaRockerfella Tue 28-Jul-15 18:44:21

I was about this age when my cycle started going weird. It carried on for a few years before things got unmanageable and I've just had an endometrial ablation. Anyhoo thats another story!
What I would say is just monitor things for a few cycles before going to the GP. I am not menopausal either but my problems were put down to hormonal fluctuations and an ovarian cyst!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now