Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What should a family medicine cabinet contain

(3 Posts)
Celia1978 Mon 27-Jul-15 13:00:38

Trying to put one together. Have cobbled together what I could find in the house: loads of painkillers (paracetamol/ibuprofen) for adults and kids; plasters; saline spray and Vicks; hay fever tablets for DH; Lemsip; thermometer. What else do I need?

allinall Mon 27-Jul-15 13:46:59

Well, I'm not sure about what you need, but mine has painkillers ( (adult and children's), plasters, antiseptic cream, blister plasters, bonjela, nit comb, motion sickness tablets, antihistamines for allergies, and some haemorrhoid cream! Plus a load of ancient bits and bobs of toiletries that I have just thrown away after looking in the cabinet.

Aquamarine70 Tue 28-Jul-15 04:13:52

Sore throat tablets, diarrhoea tablets, heat/cold pack, anti inflammatory muscle rub, deep heat or ice gel, witch hazel, tweezers, bandages, decongestant nose spray, cold & flu tablets, indigestion tablets, bite cream, cotton wool, calamine lotion, antiseptic cream, different size plasters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now