Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endometrial ablation after care

(6 Posts)
Lozzie12 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:50:33

I had an endometrial ablation 2 days ago after a large bleed in May that led to me having a blood transfusion. I was started on Esmya and have another month of pills to take. My gynaecologist told me to finish the course after ablation. I am confused because all literature says it is a pre-op treatment. If this doesn't work within 3 months I will be booked in for hysterectomy. I am currently peri-menopausal. Feeling quite nervous as this has all been very sudden. Any advice gratefully received.

No idea about the pills, sorry.

I had a couple of days of feeling very sore indeed, and then a few more days of taking things fairly easily. It seems to have worked well though, and has turned my periods from horribly heavy to barely there.

Lozzie12 Sun 26-Jul-15 22:05:47

Thank you. I'm just feeling tired and a bit sick but hoping this has done the trick, there seems to be mixed reviews about the procedure, I only had 48hrs notice so little time to really think about it.

tammytwigg Sun 26-Jul-15 22:10:05

Best thing ever ,I only have a tiny show one day a month after years of being flooded out,I had 2 weeks off work with a bit of a discharge ,no pills .

ArabellaRockerfella Tue 28-Jul-15 18:47:47

Ooh I had one this week too Lozzie12!!!
I have not been given any tablets to take, except painkillers, I also had an ovarian cyst removed at the same time.

Muchtoomuchtodo Tue 28-Jul-15 22:18:31

I'm following this with interest.

I had a mirena coil fitted last October to try to control my heavy periods. I use a mooncup and previously had to empty it at least every 2 hours for days 2,3 and 4 and I would bleed for 10 days.

Now I only have 1 very heavy day but I bleed for 14 days. I've tried mefanamic and tranexamic acid so think that the next step might be endometrial ablation.

Sorry for the high jack. Hope you feel better soon OP, I think I'd ring your surgeon to recheck re: meds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now