Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

costochondritis

(7 Posts)
HarriH92 Sun 26-Jul-15 12:31:34

Anybody had this? Sent to A&E with Dr to say the reason for any abnormalities would be anxiety and costochondritis. My bp was 156/100 and heart rate of 114. ECG was okay. They didn't do any bloods as they said because I've autoimmune diseases my inflammation markers would be raised.
Still feel absolutely rubbish even though taking painkillers. Any advice?

gobbin Sun 26-Jul-15 18:28:03

I had it after a bout of flu last year caused by violent coughing. It was very painful and I though I may have broken a rib. It eased over time and had gone after about ten days. Just took paracetamol for the pain.

Preciousbane Sun 26-Jul-15 18:35:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clueing4looks Sun 26-Jul-15 18:40:31

I get this. It's extremely painful - even showering hurt. I've had cortesine injections in the past when the flare up has been unbearable.

Wendied Sun 26-Jul-15 18:54:59

Poor OP I had this whilst pregnant and yes it was extremely painful. My Dr wouldn't give me anything and just said time would make it better. Whilst he was right it was bloody painful in the meantime.

Baddz Sun 26-Jul-15 19:01:11

I had this after having my gallbladder out and contracting a chest infection.
It's awful...so painful.
It will get better but it's takes time.
Try co codamol and ibuprofen staggered.
Also try heat pads - this did help me.

HarriH92 Sun 26-Jul-15 20:38:25

Ah thank you all it's absolutely horrible! I've had my gallbladder
Out and had this whilst pregnant - mad what makes it happen. So random, I'll use the heat pads that's a good idea . Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now