Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

nocturnal back pain starting a few months after c section?

(2 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sun 26-Jul-15 08:32:14

Hi
I had a c section last year and during the first two or three months after I was so terrified of splittinh the scar or something I slept wedged between cushions on my back so I wouldn't turn over in my sleep.
Now 6+ months on and I get a reallybad ache around the mid to lower portion of my back during the night. It goes away completely when I get up. Its somewhere between an ache and a muscle cramp or tightness in the muscles. Has anyone else experienced this, particularly a few months after section or pregnancy? Iwondered if all those months of trying to protect my scar could have weakened my back or the muscles surrounding it and its upsetting my night time sleeping. I can't seem to find anything on the web that applies.
If anyone knows anything about this type of thing I would be grateful to hear it. I don't know whether I should look I to some really good pilates lessons. Is there a place that lists properly trained pilates instructors?
Tia.

flanjabelle Sun 26-Jul-15 08:40:44

I have the same problem. When I went for physio it was explained that the c section had caused a weakness in my stomach muscles, meaning the back was overcompensating, causing muscle strain. You need to see someone to get the correct exercises for strengthening the abdominal muscles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now