Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

please talk to me about gallstones

(6 Posts)
lakia Fri 24-Jul-15 18:23:21

I had an horrendous attack 3 nights ago with awful discomfort and nausea and vomiting but I still have tenderness across upper abdomen and I still feel slightly nauseated this normal.

lakia Fri 24-Jul-15 18:24:49

Is this normal to have tenderness and a lot of wind with some nausea it doesn't appear to be going.

goingtotown Fri 24-Jul-15 22:22:50

You'll have the tenderness etc. for a few days & will probably be feeling exhausted. I had this pain for many years, & was not offered the operation until I was admitted to A&E. Big op but 100% worth it. Keyhole surgery was not available at the time. Speak to your GP. Hope you'll feel better soon.

lisaloulou84 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:38:55

I had gallbladder removal last month after months of extreme vomiting and discomfort. I ended up calling and ambulance and was admitted straight away as some of the stones were blocking the ducts and I subsequently got acute pancreatitis which can be very serious. If the pain is extreme, get seen, gallstones are common and the op is fine but it can lead to other more serious stuff.

hugoagogo Fri 24-Jul-15 22:43:09

Yes I had tenderness for ages after my attacks.

It feels a bit weird to me now it has gone. Weird but good, I had my gallbladder removed in April!

Did you go to a&e when you had your attack?

HarriH92 Sat 25-Jul-15 19:08:58

I was ill throughout my pregnancy but they just put it down to pregnancy until it continued and I had my gallbladder removed after 2 attacks in 2 weeks following the birth! It was only on the second admission post baby that it was removed. My advice like the others would be to go to A&E. Hope you feel better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now