Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this pain and should I be worried?

(7 Posts)
lougle Thu 23-Jul-15 15:32:11

I've suffered migraines since 2002. Always right sided and frontal, like a rod going through my eyebrow to behind my temple. Although very nauseous, I'm not sick. I get various other symptoms -tingling arm, upper jaw pain, nasal pain, heightened sense of smell and intolerance to noise being the most common.

For the last few weeks I've started to get a severe but transient pain above and behind my right ear. It seems to happen if I shift position from lying on my back to my side, turning over, bending down, sneezing, coughing, etc.

So I'm thinking it's perhaps pressure related? But I don't know if it's something irksome but ignorable, or if I should go to the doctor?

I'm having botox next month to see if that helps the migraines.

lougle Thu 23-Jul-15 21:30:21

Any thoughts?

HippyChickMama Thu 23-Jul-15 21:33:43

It sounds like an inner ear problem if it is aggravated by movement and raised pressure. It might be worth getting a non urgent GP appointment to see if they can refer you to ENT/neurology for investigation.

FabULouse Thu 23-Jul-15 22:22:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lougle Thu 23-Jul-15 22:30:16

Not TN, I think. Wrong place. Not severe enough. Not touch sensitive.

I will look into TA and inner ear issues. Thank you.

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Fri 24-Jul-15 12:22:47

Occipital neuralgia?

lougle Fri 24-Jul-15 14:36:52

Possible, HBN1. It's quite transient but intense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now