Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pelvic pain, bloating, abnormal blood count twice

(3 Posts)
TreeHuggerMum1 Wed 22-Jul-15 11:30:33

Any ideas what's going on with me?
confused
So over the last few weeks / months I'm getting lots (daily) of period type pain however I have a Mirena coil so its not period pain, it's also very painful during and after sex (on occasions leaving me double over).
I have no bleeding.
I am often bloated and find I get full very quickly when I eat. I am permanently exhausted and groggy.
I went to my GP and had bloods last week, they came back "abnormal" and I was asked if they could perform them again this week. They have again returned "abnormal". All I have been told so far is my ferritin levels are of concern and the whole blood count is "abnormal" on both accounts. Ferritin last week was 10.4, then 5 days later 10.0.
A Gp will call me after 5 to "discuss" my results.
I am on a waiting list for an ultrasound.
Anyone has anything similar that can shed some light??
Thanks.

NothingNothingTraLaLa Sat 25-Jul-15 14:12:43

Hi, massively caveating to say that I am in no way a hcp but I have been reading up on endometriosis as I suspect I have it (not diagnosed yet) and some of the things you mention would fit with that, more info here www.endometriosis-uk.org/endometriosis-symptoms

I developed v heavy periods after dc2 but last few cycles have had killer pelvic pain bloating and tenderness and after reading up it seems that symptoms can vary depending on where the endometriosis is within the body. If you get no joy with other diagnosis may be worth investigating for you.

gamerchick Sat 25-Jul-15 14:16:17

Have you been for a sexual health screen? Rule out any infections first?

The sti clinic is a good port of call for that area and generally quicker than being referred by the gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now