Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful feet

(10 Posts)
Peppapissinpig Mon 20-Jul-15 20:53:58

DHs role has recently changed at work and he is spending most of the day on his feet. Most mornings he is waking up with dreadful pain in his feet that just seems to be getting worse.

He has to wear industrial boots but they don't seem to offer any support.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what he can do to ease the pain?

RandomMess Mon 20-Jul-15 20:55:32

Innersoles with arch support and gel for comfort?

RandomMess Mon 20-Jul-15 20:56:21

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-Gel-Insoles-shoe-inner-soles-arch-support-foot-heel-pain-Plantar-/261236608303?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3cd2ea4d2f

NorbertDentressangle Mon 20-Jul-15 20:58:02

Where is the pain as it could indicate a particular problem eg. plantar faciitis .

Peppapissinpig Mon 20-Jul-15 21:06:39

Thank you for quick replies thanks. DH says pain started in his arches but has now spread along whole of the bottom of his feet and even the tendons/bones on top of his foot hurt hmm.

Will check out the inserts Random

NorbertDentressangle Mon 20-Jul-15 21:09:11

Plantar Fasciitis sounds possible if you look at the link especially as it fits with his suddenly being on his feet a lot more, wearing different footwear that doesn't offer support, pain being bad in the morning when he gets up and the location of the pain.

BareGrylls Tue 21-Jul-15 15:48:21

I was recently diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis (the GP also called it Policeman's Heel). I had pain on the sole of my foot for months, so bad at times I could hardly put weight on it. It was always worse first thing in the morning.
I was advised to follow the exercises on the NHS website.
Four weeks later and it is much, much better.

bruffin Tue 21-Jul-15 16:01:11

I spent a whole summer with bad plantar fasciitis, my chiropodist recommended

Top dose of Ibroprufen for 2 weeks (800mg a day i think)
10 minutes x2 ice pack a day
Never walk in barefeet
soft soles whenever possible but i suspect those gel inserts may be good as well.
mine cleared up in 2 weeks

Peppapissinpig Tue 21-Jul-15 18:28:33

Thanks for all the advice, I will let DH know.

Wolfiefan Tue 21-Jul-15 18:30:59

Also roll a cold can of drink under foot. Bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now