Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yucky warfarin!

(4 Posts)
Lolimax Mon 20-Jul-15 19:27:19

Anyone on here had issues with warfarin? I was put on it in January following blood clots on the brain. My inr levels have been yo-yo ing ever since but I've also been having horrible headaches and fatigue.
I saw the haematologist today who has taken me off warfarin for 8 weeks and put me on fragmin to see if it helps.

Mysillydog Mon 20-Jul-15 20:13:32

I'm on it for life. I go though long phases of being very stable, and then suddenly I stop tolerating my dose and get INR spikes. For some reason, I need less in summer than winter.

I don't get headaches or fatigue though. I hope the new meds are more suitable.

Lolimax Mon 20-Jul-15 21:19:52

Thanks mysillydog. I'm on some kind of anti-coagulant for life but let's see what life is like without warfarin! Be nice not to traipse to weekly inr for a bit!

Mysillydog Tue 21-Jul-15 06:37:56

I test at home and communicate my results by email. I couldn't work if I had weekly appointments. I hope the fragmin works out better for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now