Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

weird lower abdominal pain

(4 Posts)
helensburgh Sun 19-Jul-15 12:54:12

Looking for help.
Every month from ovulation till my period I get lower abdominal pain in the middle v low down. Also very bloated.
My periods are also changed, mainly brown " blood"
Been trying to conceive number 3 for 9 months.

Guessing I will go to gp this week as this month it's been awful wakening me at night etc.
Anyone any ideas or had similar?

Tequilashotfor1 Sun 19-Jul-15 12:58:20

Yep get your backside down there it could be a number of things.

It could be IBS, endometriosis, PID lots of things.

sugarhoops Mon 20-Jul-15 11:10:40

I had lower abdominal pain every month after having my 2nd baby (probs starting approx a year after giving birth to my 2nd). I went to docs and he arranged for an internal scan for me. Turns out the day I had my scan I was suffering the pains - they scanned me and could see I was ovulating right then (one ovary larger than other was releasing the egg).

I don't know if its a 2nd baby thing, post baby thing or just after having had babies I was so much more aware of my monthly cycle. I'd never noticed ovulation pains before, but I clearly was then. I have to say, after having the scan and realising nothing was wrong, the pain did go away eventually. I went on to have a 3rd baby too. Oh also, my periods were weird for ages after baby no2. And baby no 3 for the matter.

Baby no 3 now 3.5yrs old and I have had a coil fitted (highly recommended). Book Dr's appt as you may be sent for internal. Good luck for baby no3!

helensburgh Mon 20-Jul-15 22:56:48

Thank you!

Gp app at booked for later this week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now